Sunday, April 22, 2012

Well, I think I've determined that I do not do what I say I will. I'm sort of the Lindsay Lohan of blogging. With slightly less alcohol dependency and minus daddy-issues.

Heh. Heh. Remember that one (ten) time that I said I was going to regularly post on here? That was super funny wasn't it? Yeah. Good times.

Well, I've decided to give it another college try. (It might be important to note that it took me 7 years to graduate with a 4-year degree,  attending courses at no less than 3 colleges. Winning.) I fly by the seat of my pants. Sometimes the pants-plane crashes. This time, it blew up.

Rather, I crashed.

I have taken a 1-2 punch to the gut through some career confusion, house/money-pit disasters and sucky news on the we'd-like-to-be-parents-front. Roll all of it into a ball and it lends to a general icky feeling and major lack of funny thoughts. And who the hell wants to visit a blog where the writer just wants to bitch about plumbing, money, fallopian tubes and accidental arson? Yeah, didn't think so.

I've had a bit of an epiphany in the last month--I've decided that I can no longer dwell on the fact that life has dropped a shit-ton (a true, metric measurement) of mess upon our lives; for my sanity and for the sanity of those around me, I need to make a game plan and go all "decision-tree" on my own ass. To incorrectly quote a favorite flick of mine about heroin addiction: I chose blogging.

3 comments:

midlifenatalie said...

I was just this minute looking back at old blog posts and saw a few comments from you. I wondered what you were up to. Then when I flipped back to my reader it said you had just posted. What??? Crazy!

So I'm not living in Turkey, not blogging at dixonsturkey.blogspot.com anymore. Nor am I married. Things have changed around here.

Now you can find me at www.midlifenatalie.wordpress.com where I blog about once a month because no one wants to read about how tired I am and how busy things are all the time.

Glad to read you again.

Ilina said...

I have missed you. Glad you are back!

topher (Crackin Wax/Varsity Trading Cards) said...

Glad to have you back, hon! You've got a real talent for writing. Not to mention, you've got GREAT inspiration for a multitude of posts! (cough me cough) The possibilities are endless!

...kinda like pasta bowl! ;)

-C