En Route to the Concert. I'm getting pretty good at the whole "photo in the mirror thing"; however, I am not pretty good at Windex-ing the mirrors in my car. Obviously.
Helpful Tips for Civilians Attending a "Rock Show"
A few evenings ago, my husband and I went to a Foo Fighters concert. It was awesome. My husband looks a bit like a showered-version of Dave Grohl and I find this amusing. Onto the tips...
- This may surprise you, man sitting in front of us, but you could have left your safety glasses at home. Yes, they make you look like a stone cold fox, but still...Also, thanks for bringing your spendy-looking binoculars. You're a package deal, aren't you? Rad.
- Safety-glass man's wife, whenever they start playing a song that you know/love, it isn't necessary to make jazz hands, do a shivering movement with your body and proceed to clap/snap to the wrong beat. When you do, this makes me think, "Go white girl, go white girl GO!" and then I die a little inside.
- One should probably bring ear plugs if one does not want to learn sign language all of a sudden. Also, one should know better being that she attended a Smashing Pumpkins concert last October and was so close to the stage, the speakers and Billy Corgan that she was nearly deaf for a week.
- Oh hello, drunk man to my left. I feel you tapping my shoulder to tell me "trivia" about the band and every single song they sing. Your breath stinks and you might want to rinse with Scope instead of Windsor.
- Aloha Bachlorette Party! How lovely to come to the concert completely trashed wearing plastic leis around your necks and see-thru wife-beaters emblazoned with "We're Here to get HER Drunk" and the classy bride-to-be be-decked out in a Hot Pink halter-number with "I'm Drunk" screened on the front and back, for good measure.
- Thank God you're here, 15-year-old air drummer! I haven't seen such smooth moves since Wayne and Garth hit the high hat in the Bohemian Rhapsody video. Party on, Air Drummer! Party on, Over-Thinker!
So just the usual....I came, I saw, I criticized.